Tuesday, April 05, 2022

Anne Lamont is 68

Today is Anne Lamont's birthday. She is 68. I have been aware of her for most of my life. I think I first heard of her in 1991. I used to listen to her when she was on a radio show called West Coast Weekend. Back then, every Saturday I listened to two radio shows every Saturday: West Coast Weekend and A Prairie Home Companion (Aired from 1974 to 2016), both on KQED. In the early 1990s West Coast Weekend was dropped by KQED and I thought it ceased production. I remember when Anne's son Sam was born. I remember when she stoppped drinking. I remember when she became a Chrisian. And then she was gone. The radio show where I heared her was no longer. But one day in the early 2010s I was driving through Marin County and came across another radio station (I don't remember the call letters.) that was broadcasting the show! The radio show has changed it's name to West Coast Live. There was a singer in the 1990s named Wesla Whitfield who was on the show almost every weekend. When Garison Keilor brought his show, A Prairie Home Companion, to San Jose back in 1993 he booked Wesla for his show. I thought it was very funny when she greeted the audience with the words, "It's good to be with you on this beautiful West Coast Weekend!" Wow! Anne Lamont is 68 today. I must be old, too.

In other news, my youngest son, Basil spent the night last night. We played two games of chess (We each won one) and he, Kathleen, and I played Ticket to Ride. He beat both of us at that one. We prayed the 9th Hour, we ate dinner, we prayed the evening prayers.

No comments: