Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Thoughts on Other Gods

This week I finished Snorri Sturluson's Prose Edda. Conclusion: I am glad the Christian missionaries, people such as Saints Alban, Patrick, Bonifice, and Iraneus brought the Gospel to my ancestors. Living under the influence of Loki, Odin, and Thor would be brutal and hellish; no love, only power.

I had similar thoughts when I first read Plato's Euthyphro and Homer's Illiad and Odyssey back in the 1990s.

Lately, Kathleen's children (Kathleen, I think I've mentined her on this blog, is the woman with whom I live) have been given assignments in school comparing mideival European Christian civilization to the pre-columbian American civilizations, Ancient Chinese civilization, pre-Christian African civilization, pre-colonial Indian Civilization. The lessons are invariably designed to show that the Christian civilization of Eurorpe is inferior to all the other human civilizations. There was no mention in the lessons of the thousands of people sacrificed and eaten by the Aztecs, the thousands of people drowned to the Chinese river dragon-god Ao Shun (敖順), the child temple prostitutes in India and the hideous practice of suttee.

The public schools are captive to the multi-culturaists who, in their effort to correct what is wrong, are also trying to overthrow civilization. This is why I am running for School Board.

No comments: