Tuesday, October 05, 2021

Goose hunting and a birthday

On Sunday Kathleen and Basil and I went Canada goose hunting. The drought has had a severe impact on the ponds. We didn't see one Canada goose. There were a few pintails flying over the ponnds but it isn't legal to shoot those until the 26th of October. We had fun, regardless.

Yesterday we celbrated Basil's birthday (a few days early because he won't be with me on his birthday) at the Old Spaghetti Factory in San Jose. I think the last time I was there my mom was there with me.

I gave Basil a leather game strap to hold his ducks and geese (The law requires every gun to have his own game strap. We aren't allowed to just pile all the birds in the bottom of the boat.), Canada goose and mallard calls by Buck Gardner, a pintail call from Duck Commander, and a seven call woven lanyard to hold his calls. He seemed pleased.

Here is some very good news, the very powerful and scary medications he's been taking for the last few years have been reduced by more than half with no adverse changes. I thank God every day for his slow and steady recovery.

No comments: