Friday, March 19, 2021

Birds And Lent

February was so warm that in the first week on March we planted all the boxes, half-half barrels, and pots full of of seedlings. We didn't count on the birds. It seems that in other years when we planted our garden in April or May there was lots of food around for the birds to eat. But that is not the case in March. The birds ate everything down to the ground, except a few tomato plants. Then there was hail. Thankfully, we still have a lot of seedlings growing in the greenhouses.
The only Lenten services I've been to, so far, are Forgiveness Vespers on Sunday night and the first night of the Great Canon. My boys are going to confession tonight. But I have to work. (I'm getting more hours at Bass Pro Shops).
School is going well for me. Gosh, I can't believe I just wrote that. Hopefully, when I finish this program (this time next year) I will never be a student again. But, as I said, it is going well.
Yesterday was Kathleen's birthday. I gave her a leather-bound Orthodox Study Bible and two boxes of CCI rat-shot for her Rough Rider.

1 comment:

gretchenjoanna said...

Water Resources Management - wow, that seems like such a good field to have a degree in, in the western U.S.

I'm sorry to hear about your seedlings, but so glad to hear you have more in the greenhouse. I planted my greenhouse later than I wanted, but it will work out just about right, since we still have about six weeks before it's safe to plant in the ground here.