Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Semester Is Over, Time To Pack

I just emailed the last assignment of the semester to the professor. Six weeks of staying up till 2, 3, and even 4 in the morning are over. I have earned 6 units in six weeks and am glad it is over. Just in time, too, because it looks like I have to start packing to move.

Athanasia and I are going to be the managers of a 25 townhouses in the middle of Willow Glen. We applied about 2 weeks ago. We interviewed last week. The background check was done on on Monday. Yesterday they called to let us know we got the job. We go in on Friday to complete the new-hire paperwork.

It is difficult to explain how happy I am to be moving to Willow Glen. It is one of the most walkable places in Silicon Valley. We have often talked to each other about how much we wished we could live there. And now we shall.

My son will be able to walk to school (a California Distinguished School, one of the top 5% in the State), we will be a short walk from scads of restaurants, bookstores, including Hicklebee's a fabulous children's bookstore,4 coffee shops, a frozen custard stand, a dry cleaner, and a real barber with a real barber pole and those huge chairs and a couple of old guys who just hang out and talk all day. There is a beautiful park with a bowling green. And there is also an amazing candy store that sells every kind of candy imaginable.

I am astounded by how generous God is to me. He gives me everything I want.

5 comments:

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Congratulations on all your good news !!!!!

Mimi said...

Congratulations!

DebD said...

Woo Hoo! I'll add my congrats.

Matt said...

Thank you.
Thank you.
Thank you.

I wish you three lived close enough to come to the house blessing.

Mimi said...

If I did, I'd be there with bells on!