Friday, June 17, 2005

I've discovered a new blog

There is a Jewess who call herself "The Virgin Queen". She says some interesting things, such as...

"Mark my words --- anyone who asserts that we can't know what we'd do in a given situation is making an advance exuse for why they will do the wrong and cowardly thing."

"Not to fear, liberal friends! When demographics make you irrelevant you will have the comfort of knowing that the Republicans are intent on pushing 95% of your agenda and will continue to cede the last shreds of America's sovereignty almost as quickly as you could have yourselves!"

"Jesus Christ was sent to redeem the world.
He was not merely a prophet.
He was not merely a radical rabbi.
He was more than a man. He was Divine.
With his suffering, he paid for the sins of mankind.
To many of my readers, these are not shocking statements. However, they would be quite alarming to some of my friends and family. Why? It is very simple:I am a Jew. I believe the above statements to be true, but I am not a Christian. I have nothing to do with Jews for Jesus. However, as I became closer with many people whose lives have been transformed, the questions began to bother me and I found myself investigating them."

So, check out her blog.

2 comments:

Jeremy Pierce said...

Someone who asserts that we can't know what we'd do in a given situation is usually helping people to see that they might just as easily be that guilty. It doesn't mean it's an excuse. It's a "there but for the grace of God go I" kind of thing. It doesn't elevate the sin. It lowers the self-righteousness of those who would condemn by saying we're really all in the same boat. It's just that some people's wickedness gets manifested more obviously. We might easily have manifested ours equally obviously if we'd been in different circumstances.

Matt said...

I think you might be right. But I think The Virgin Queen might be talking about certain people who's ideas she disagrees with and who she regards as immoral cowards.