Friday, April 05, 2024

Snow and a Baseball Season Opener

The rain woke me at about 3 o'clock this morning. When the Sun rose and I drove to work I saw snow on Mount Hamilton and the rest of the Diablo Range to the east and on Mount Umunhum to the south. It made me happy.

Work today was just a meeting with the headmaster and the other teachers. We were through by half-past one in the afternoon. He commended me for all the work I've done since June getting ready for WASC accreditation inspectors later this month. Now I have off the next 9 days from work.

Tonight Kathleen and I went to the season opener of the San Jose Giants. We lost to the Fresno Grizzlies but it was still fun. I always feel patriotic at minor-league baseball games.

1 comment:

Gretchen Joanna said...

It's been a long time since I attended a minor league baseball game, but I do prefer them. For a couple of years my late husband was the chaplain for our local team. That was the most fun.