Wednesday, June 15, 2022

How are my kids?

Anselm reported to his submarine, the U.S.S. Hampton last Friday. (Today is Wednesday). He drove all the way to my house from Connecticut. He had a fun drive out. He drove by Ft. McHenry in Maryland to see where the battle that inspired the Star Spangled Banner was faught. He visited the Country Music Hall of Fame and the Bass Pro Shops pyramid in Tennessee. He visited the Petrefied Forest in Arizona. He camped in national parks and forests to sleep at night and pocketed the money the Navy gave him for hotels. He stayed with Kathleen and I for about 12 days. We went fishing and clay shooting. He served as the sponsor for Katheen's son when he was baptized. My sister and brother-in-law came over for dinner. He bought a surf board he found on craigslist.org for $50 and tried to learn to surf but the board is too small for him.

Basil is still very sick from covid. He has all the long covid symptoms and is miserable. I go over to his mom's house where we pray the hours and play chess. He beats me all the time now.

1 comment:

GretchenJoanna said...

I hope beating you at chess relieves Basil's misery a tiny bit.

News worth rejoicing over, that Kathleen's son is now baptized also. Glory to God!