Thursday, April 08, 2021

Shooting with Son #3

Anselm Samuel (AKA the little boy) and I went shooting today. I bought a Stoeger Longfowler for myself because my Stevens side-by-side is almost a hundred years old and can't take the pressures of modern ammo. Today I broke in my new gun. It's not as pretty or high tech as the Mossberg Silver Reserve I bought for Kathleen but it is servicable, the price was right, and I don't have to wory about it breaking every time I pull the trigger, like I do with the old Stevens. So, Anselm and I went to Coyote Valley Sporting Clays today. He shot Kathleen's gun and I shot the new Longfowler. It was a lot of fun. He had a good day, hitting about 75% of his clays. I didn't have a very good day. I only hit about 50%. I'll blame it on getting used to a new gun.
I can hardly wait for next duck season.

No comments: