Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Advent So Far

Cranberry-Nut Bread:  One large, three small.
It has been a trying Advent.  Kathleen's one job takes about 60 hours per week.  My three jobs (Only two now.  I resigned my rental housing job last week.  Now I only work at Bass Pro Shops and and as a substitute teacher.) have kept me super busy, too.  Nevertheless, I have been able to get the boys and Kathleen to read through the Gospel of Luke with me; a chapter a day for 24 days, then the next morning is Christmas. 

I've managed to do some baking.  I donated three of my fruitcakes to the parish bake sale.  Tonight when I came home from work I baked four loaves of cranberry-nut bread.  (I'll probably give them to the people I work with at Bass Pro Shops.) It reminded me of when Cyndi and I used to bake a loaf for every family at Holy Trinity Cathedral.  It was so hard.  We both worked (I for AT&T. She for BAVC) but would be up all night long on Christmas Eve to get all the loaves baked and wrapped.  But it was so much fun to give them away after the Divine Liturgy on Nativity.
Somehow, I have to find time to take the boys to get a Christmas tree and we still have to grind and stuff the Christmas sausage.  Gosh.  There is so much to do.  I'm glad I don't have to do Christmas shopping. Presents bought at shops are the worst part of Christmas.

So, if I don't want boughten presents what do I want for Christmas?  To see my children wiping away tears at Confession.  To marry Kathleen so I can approach the chalice again. To cook for lots of people and make them happy.  To see Alastair Sims as Scrooge again

2 comments:

GretchenJoanna said...

Your Christmas wish list is worthy. Blessed Feast!

ronaldrogers7162 said...

greenhouse dehumidifier
A dehumidifier can likewise be used to decrease the quantity of moisture in areas prone to mold and mildew. Because lots of people utilize paint that isn't immune to water, certain areas of your house create mold and mildew and mildew due to continuous water exposure. Mold as well as mold can trigger damages to homes that can be very costly to repair, especially if the spores unconsciously grow within walls. Visit : https://growdehumidifier.com/