Wednesday, November 21, 2018

The night before Thanksgiving.

I am baking pies.  The cranberry walnut pies.  I'm also making pecan pies since they are Kathleen's
daughter's favorite.  It makes me happy to make food for people.  Kathleen and her kids are going to Livermore to be with her brother's family tomorrow.  My sons are going to be with me.  Anselm has to work until 5 pm. (He got a job at Starbucks.) so I didn't want to to go to the Cathedral and then to Livermore as we had planned.   I am waiting until Anselm gets off work then having Thanksgiving dinner with my boys.  I'm pretty excited about it. I got a smallish turkey, yams, cranberries, potatoes, and a few other things.  I'm very happy to be making my Mom's cranberry salad.  I don't think I've had it since the Thanksgiving before she died.

In other news, we've had a dog for about two weeks.  It's an old pit bull named Oliver.  Kathleen got him from the dog pound.  He seems to hate everyone but us.  I am surprised by how gentle he is with Kathleen's kids.  They are pretty rough with him but he is very patient. 



No comments: