Sunday, May 29, 2022

A Baptism

Kathleen and her son, Maximo were Baptized and Chrsmated yesterday. The priest's daughter was Kathleen's sponsor. My son Anselm (He drove all the way here from the submarine school in Connecticut. He has to report for duty at the submarine base at Point Loma in a few more days but until then he is having fun. He is seeing friends, going to the beach, we went skeet shooting.) was Maximo's sponsor. Originally, the plan was for Basil, my youngest son to be his sponsor but he is still too sick from Covid-19. (He has "long covid" and hasn't been out of the house since the last week of Lent, except for trips to the emergency room and doctor's office. I am very worried about him.)

Today was Kathleen's and Maximo's first Communion, and Maximo worked as an acolyte. After the Divine Liturgy today, Anselm went to buy a surfboard and have a surfboard rack installed on his FIAT 500, Kathleen and Maximo went home, and I bought doughnuts at Manly's Donuts on Lincoln Avenue and took them to my son, Basil along with the prosphora from church, some water from Mary's Well, and a wooden cross that had been blessed by being laid on the burial slab in Jesus' tomb. Basil and I played few games of chess. He's better than me now.

I have a pork roast in the oven. I'll serve it with zicchini and potatoes in a few hours.

1 comment:

GretchenJoanna said...

Congratulations to Kathleen and Maximo! Many years!