Thursday, January 06, 2022

Theophany and a birthday.

On Tuesday the 4th Kathleen and I went to Tea at Ten with Father Basil. It was fun. Other than his daughter and the Matushka we were the only ones there. It was a lot of fun. He made a tea cake, the tea was rose, the Archbishop sent a homemede fruitcake (lighter and sweeter than mine), there was some homemade Russian confections. The priest's daughter made orange chocolate liquer balls.

On Wednesday the 5th I went to the festal vigial for Theophany. This morning, Kathleen, Basil, and I were at the Divine Liturgy and filled up our jars and travel mugs with holy water. Basil brought the little holy water bottle I bought when he was a baby. I hadn't seen it in years. It warmed my heart to see him using it.

This afternoon I baked a cake for Kathleen's kids' birthday, which is the same date as Theophany. They requsted steak, macaroni and cheese, and broccoli, too.

No comments: