Monday, November 24, 2008

Letter to St. Nicholas

Anselm Samuel Wrote a letter to St. Nicholas today.

Dear St. Nicholas,

I live in California. Please pray for me and my brother Basil. Please bring Candy on Dec. 6. And I will be waiting for you.

Love Anselm.


As he was addressing the letter (San Nicola, Basilica di San Nicola, Piazza di San Nicola, Bari, Vecchia, Italia) he said, "St. Nicholas' body is dead. Will he understand when the monks read it to him?" I answered, "He knew what you wrote as soon as you wrote it." Anselm laughed and said, "Oh Yeah. He's a saint!"

2 comments:

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Gorgeous :-)

Mimi said...

This is so lovely! What a beautiful treasure.

Thank you so much for the lovely gift I received yesterday, I look forward to reading it tonight!