Thursday, April 12, 2007

Sharpton Not Sharp

I do not know anything about Don Imus. I have never heard his radio show. But havin worked in radio, and having known some "on air personalities", I am not surprised that he said what he said. But what galls me is Al Sharpton condemning him. Sharpton said:

'It is our feeling that this is only the beginning. We must have a broad discussion on what is permitted and not permitted in terms of the airwaves'

I remember Sharpton speaking into a megaphone, threatening race-violence and inciting riot during the Tawana Brawly investigation. I remember him even accusing the district attorney in the case of being a rapist.

I am not a Democrat (neither a Republican) so let me say to any Democrats out there, please, figure out how to make Sharpton go away. Like the smell of dog shit, his words in service of race hatred are offensive to me.

No comments: